Last Updated: November 21, 2023, 18:00 IST
On the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit, Chinese President Xi Jinping flew down to the United States on November 15 to meet with US President Joe Biden in San Francisco.
While political analysts centred their attention on the topics that Jinping and Biden addressed at their meeting, automotive aficionados worldwide were captivated by the Chinese President’s car, the Hongqi N701.
US President Joe Biden praised the Hongqi N701, also referred to as the Red Flag, describing it as a “beautiful vehicle”. After taking a brief look at the interior of the vehicle, Biden remarked, “It’s like the Cadillac we have here.” Like Biden’s The Beast, the Red Flag has been transported entirely across the ocean and is currently among the most potent cars.
China’s President Jinping is visiting the US for the first time in six years. Jinping last visited the country in 2017, when he met with then-US President Donald Trump.
Hongqi N701: Here’s All You Need To Know About Xi Jinping’s Limo
- N701 is the codename for Jinping’s official car, the armoured Hongqi N701 Limousine. And the car has been brought all the way over the ocean and into the United States for the formal visit of the 70-year-old Chinese supreme commander.
- Many details about the official cars of heads of state are kept secret for security reasons. Even so, there is certain information which is public. Like US President Biden’s $1.5 million Cadillac One Limousine stagecoach, which weighs 20,000 pounds, seats seven, and features five-inch thick glass, as well as a bullet and grenade-proof body. Or India Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Mercedes Maybach S650, which is driven by a six-litre twin turbo V12 engine and has armoured defence against bullets, explosives, and even short-throw missiles. However, information about the Hongqi N701 Limousine is limited.
- According to Chinese media reports, the Hongqi N701 Limousine is around 18 feet long and rides on wheels that are 21 inches thick. These wheels are bulletproof, as are the glasses that surround the car. The external body is similarly armoured, and an air compression mechanism protects the passengers from chemical threats. The car is further powered by a six-litre V12 engine producing 408 horsepower, as per reports.
- The car, manufactured only by Hongqi, a firm owned by China’s FAW Group, has a strong road presence despite its basic appearance.
- The Hongqi N701 Limousine has a monolithic front fascia with a big grille and modest chrome surrounds on the vertical slats on the bumper. The LED lights are relatively straightforward, and the window surrounds have a bit more chrome.
Web Title – Chinese President Jinping Landed US In Hongqi N701 During APEC Summit